Advanced tutorial: The Hoya del Castillo pollen diagram¶
In this tutorial, we digitize a stratigraphic diagram based on the data in [Basil2007] and introduce to you how to extract the samples out of an area diagram.
At the bottom of the straditizer control, you find a navigation panel which helps you to navigate through the tutorial. Click the Next button in this control to start the tutorial. You can skip steps by clicking the Skip button and you can check what you have done using the Check button and then proceed with the next step.
The tutorial will take between 15 and 30 minutes. You can save your current state to a file using Saving and loading your project) and reload it later via(see
If you have questions or troubles with this tutorial, please open an issue on
and we will do our best to assist you.
- 1. Load the image of the diagram
- 2. Select the diagram part
- 3. Create the diagram reader
- 4. Identifying the columns
- 5. Specifying the column names
- 6. Remove artifacts
- 7. Digitizing the data
- 8. Finding and editing samples
- 9. Translating the y-axis
- 10. Translating the x-axes
- 11. Editing the meta attributes
- 12. Done!